Friday, July 27, 2012

Whole-wheat almond oats cookies


I give my daughter oats and wheatbix everyday for the obvious reason of they being healthy and beneficial. Me and my husband however are very reluctant to have oats/cereal/wheat bix ourselves..so I was thinking of making something that would integrate this goodness and taste good too! came across this recipe and there it was..I had to try it! Made some minor tweaks and these did come out lovely, soft and chewy with nostalgic coconutty and honey taste. DH loved them and I was more than happy when he asked for a second helping :) (he usually is not a big fan of sweets)

This is now a favourite cookies for both me and my husband and a sure keep recipe in my kitchen ..it is all packed with nutrition...aka not less than an energy bar!


Ingredients:
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup instant oats, powdered them
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp Eno
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup sugar (little less also works fine)
2 tbsp honey
1/2 cup Milk
pinch of cinnamon powder
2 tbsp cocoa powder


Method:
In a mixing bowl add all of the ingredients. Gently fold in everything. Make small lemon size balls and flatten them. Place cookies little apart on a baking tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until they begin to brown around the edges. Let them cool..they taste awesome hot too. Enjoy with cuppa tea or coffee. I find them excellent as a afternoon snack.




Sending it to cookie mela by Srivalli of Cooking 4 all seasonsVardhini's Bake Fest hosted by Pumpkin Farm this month,  Fav Cookie Recipe by Zesty South Indian, Lets Party-Go Bake by Best of My kitchen

                                     
Healthy food for healthy kids event by Nithubala of Nithu's Kichen, guest hosted by Pari of Foodelicious


5 comments:

  1. Wow!! They look simply tempting.. I love cookies.. Can't stop munching.
    Waiting to taste these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So easy to make...
    Nice one.. Thanks Linking @ "Let's Party - Go Bake It":)
    Ongoing event
    "Let's Party-Go Bake It"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Nothing like healthy cookies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So healthy and crisp cookies..love to try them!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback/comments are most welcome..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...