Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Baby food - home made cerelac


Hello all my food blogger friends! You must be thinking I have completely got out of touch with cooking! Thats not the case dearies. My little baby and my latest craft obsession kept me away from food blogging, but I think I am back now :)

This is a very healthy food for babies told to me by my SIL. I started this for my baby from the age of 6 months. You can prepare the powder and keep it in an air tight container and use it for a month or two. I prefer to prepare in less quantity..as mentioned below, so that I can make it fresh and often..the addition of jeera makes it quiet tasty for the baby. You can also add 1-2 almonds in this.

Ingredients :


1. 1 small cup rice (uncooked)
2. 1 small cup uncooked Moong Dhal(green with cover would be better, can use washed one also)
3. 1/2 cup Whole wheat
4. 3-4 teaspoon Jeera (cumin seeds)

Procedure :

Wash rice, daal and wheat separately and let it dry for about a day or two till it is completely dry. Dry roast rice , dhal, wheat and jeera separately. Cool and then grind all of the above into a fine powder.
Store this in an air-tight container.

While preparing for the baby:
Take a small frying pan and a teaspoon of pure ghee. Roast about 2-3 teaspoon of the above powder in ghee.


Add water. Let it cook for 3-4 mins till a paste is formed.

You can keep teh consistency of the paste thick or liquidy depending on how the baby would be comfortable in having it. Add little salt/sugar as per taste. needed.

Though I am a bit late, want to send this to
Healthy Food for Healthy Kids - Lentils ( 8 to 10 Months ) guest hosted by Kiran.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lavina, nice recipe, thanks for sharing. Jus a couple of questions, moong dhaal, do u mean the green sprouts? Could you please specify the quantity for each ingredients or can it be any amount, as desired?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope every think is good &well
    idon't know more about u, but unfortunately i searched ur blog, i liked the plan very much; thank u very much for putting this good thinks on ur blog; plz continue this
    baby food consumer reports
    baby food maker consumer reports
    baby food mill consumer reports
    baby food india online
    baby food india 1 year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cerelac is great way to fulfill your baby daily dietary and nutritive requirements. It has Iron, Calcium, Fatty Acids and Vitamins thats helps child in early stage development.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback/comments are most welcome..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...