Friday, January 29, 2016

Moong Sprout Usal | Steamed moong sprout salad - healthy breakfast

Hi friends
I am sharing the moong sprout salad. . This is one of my favorite dishes  as a kid, ofcourse by mom :) just loved having this as breakfast or even as side dish with chapati for lunch or dinner!


Recipe source: tarla dalal
Ingredients

1 cup Moong Sprout
2 tsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
salt to taste

For The Garnish
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)

For Serving
lemon wedges

Method
  1. Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
  2. When the cumin seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
  3. Add the tomatoes and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
  4. Add the moong sprouts, turmeric powder, salt and 1½ cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
  5. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
  6. Garnish with onions and coriander and serve hot with lemon wedges


3 comments:

  1. Hi. Just happened to stumble upon your lovely blog. The salad looks yummy. I love bean sprouts too. Should try this version. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is quite a popular dish among Maharashtrians, my mom used to make a lot and her DIL makes too but I am a bit allergic to any kind of sprouts. I like the taste though. Thanks for sharing :)
    I need your email id, Lavina. You are a no-reply blogger and I don't get that when you comment on my blog. I have few queries regarding a place, can you testmail me at Preetipalnewatgmaildotcom ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy recipe!! Cooking is my next love after crafting & I am so happy to see both crafting & cooking on your blog :) Wonderful blog! & the informative posts on Indian culture is just amazing! Thank you so much for visiting & joining my blog! :)
    Priyanka
    http://shiningcolourscrafts.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback/comments are most welcome..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...