Hope you had a good diwali! Sharing one of the very popular diwali snack. .namak paare..these munchies are so addictive and so easy to prepare!
You got to try these if not already!
These are excellent with tea or pickle or on their own too :)
- 3 Cup – APF(maida)
- 1 cup - Wheat flour
- 2 tsp – Carom Seeds
- 3 Tbsps – Oil for kneading the dough
- 2 tsp - crushed kasoori methi
- to taste – Salt
- Oil for frying
- In a large bowl mix flour, salt, kasoori methi & carom seeds.
- Add oil for knading mix gently. Now hold the flour in your fist, if it forms a loose clump, then the amount of oil is fine, if it doesn’t then add a bit more oil.
- Using water knead the dough. The dough should be slightly hard to touch. Wrap in a wet muslin cloth & keep it aside for 1/2 hour.
- Form big balls with the dough. Roll these balls using a rolling pin. Use a knife to cut square or rhombus shaped pieces.
- Heat oil in a big wok, fry these pastry till golden brown.
- Enjoy warm with tea or coffee or pickle. It will store well in air-tight container at room temp for several days.